Classification Non Exempt
Director of Operations
Hillcrest Platte County is a transitional housing program for homeless families, individuals and young adults. We are seeking a Bookkeeper that is proficient in Quickbooks to pay invoices, record deposits, create financial reports, reconcile bank accounts and assist outside auditors in completing the annual audit. Maintaining the donor database and sending out tax receipts is also an important part of the position. This position requires a detail-oriented individual with strong analytical skills. The ideal candidate should have a solid understanding of accounting principles and be able to work independently. Effective communication skills are essential for collaborating with team members and providing financial information to stakeholders.
Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records for the organization
1. Record invoices and issue checks for payment each week using Quickbooks
2. Review and expense check requests each week
3. Record expenses paid by ACH in QB
4. Create month-end financial reports (Consolidated, by cost center and account reconciliations.
5. Assist with annual audit and budgeting
6. Manage etapestry donor database
- Mail tax receipts for donations
- Create and mail year end tax receipts
- Oversight of donor organization websites (i.e. Benevity)
- Input check/cash donations to etapestry
- Mail memorial donation list to family of deceased
- Print statements from donor websites, input to etap and record in QB
7. Manage credit cards:
- Set up credit card accounts for new employees
- Troubleshoot credit card issues to include resetting passwords
- Review and expense employee credit card statements each month. Input to spreadsheet and expense in QB
8. File all paperwork (deposits, Blessings check requests & deposits, ACH pymts, check requests)
9. Pick up mail from the post office.
10. Deposit checks in bank
11. Review monthly bank statements for checking accounts, money market accounts and CD’s. Reconcile the accounts.
12. Prepare new employee packets
13. Write handwritten thank you notes to donors
14. Provide assistance with events
15. Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years of Bookkeeping experience
- Ability to perform account reconciliations, prepare financial statements and identify discrepancies.
- Proficiency in using accounting software such as Online Quickbooks
- Assist in annual budget preparation and annual audit
- Knowledge of not-for-profit accounting principles and practices
- Familiarity with payroll processing.
- Proficiency in use of computers and mobile devices
- Must be prompt, on time to work and have good regular attendance
- Strong Communication and organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent 10-key typing skills for accurate data entry
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Excel, Google Docs and Sheets experience
Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Part-time 25 hours per week
Travel to bank and post office
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor of Science in Business preferred
Preferred Education and Experience
Experience in accounting or bookkeeping required
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must possess a valid state driver’s license
Hillcrest Platte County provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please note that this is not an entry-level position. Prior experience in bookkeeping or a related field is required.
If you meet the qualifications listed above, we invite you to apply for this position. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $25.00 – $27.00 per hour
Expected hours: No more than 25 per week
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- 2 years
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Relocate:
- Platte Woods, MO 64151: Relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person