Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage family selection by calling every applicant, reviewing written application forms, coordinating and conducting prospective participant interviews
- Coordinate participant move-in dates and conducts informal orientation to residential facilities upon family’s arrival on property. Acts as primary contact with apartment sponsors and encourages sponsors’ active involvement with participants.
- Act as central resource person for all participant inquiries. Ensures individual basic needs are met (health care, clothing, school supplies, etc.) by providing appropriate referrals or distributing donated products.
- Encourages and supports each family’s success in the program by meeting a minimum of once per week to address presenting problems, program compliance issues, budget, or needed referrals. Celebrates and rewards success.
- Oversees weekly budgeting process to ensure participants will earn and save sufficient resources to provide for future housing needs and begin independent living.
- Monitors participant’s compliance with program guidelines for attending case management meetings, budget counseling sessions, attending life skills class and maintaining full-time employment. Prepares contract reassessment, contract addendum, or termination letter as necessary.
- Facilitates referrals to programs that benefit families in transition to self-sufficiency, e.g. tutoring, educational programs, parenting resources, etc.
- Maintains accurate weekly case notes and keeps a record of participant’s activities.
- Collects, records, and processes participant deposits and occupancy fees.
- Prepares participant for graduation.
- Develops partnerships with organizations for referrals to HPC housing program.
- Assists with special projects such as Back- to- School program and Christmas adoption.
- Assists with special events and fundraisers.
- Mandatory Tuesday evening for monthly graduation and weekly Lifeskills class.
- Assist with weekly Lifeskills meal preparation.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Computer proficiency MS Office – Word, Excel and Google Suite
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Training in “Strengths-Based” case management
- Problem solving abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.