Job Title: Full-Time Qualified Mental Health Professional
Work Location: Platte County
Reports to: Counseling Center Director
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Facilitate assessments and complete summaries in electronic health records.
2. Review mental health screenings and intake forms with participants and enter into electronic health record.
3. Make participant referrals to community resources when and if applicable.
4. Provide individual, group, and family counseling sessions daily.
5. Develop, implement, and revise individualized treatment plans.
6. Document all participant progress in the electronic health record.
7. Diagnose mental health disorders and document all results in the electronic health record.
8. Complete discharge summary at the end of services.
9. Compile information and complete end-of-the-month reports for Director.
10. Facilitate and/or work closely with Admin. Asst. to ensure psychiatric telehealth referrals are made weekly.
11. Scan telehealth notes into electronic health record when Administrative Assistant is not available to do so.
12. Oversee drug testing and ensure all tests are sent out for testing.
13. Work with Administrative Assistant to schedule/reschedule weekly participant appointments when necessary.
14. Greet and provide general support to Counseling Center participants and office visitors.
15. Prepare participant communication(s) (i.e., letters, memos, invoices, etc.) when necessary.
16. Attend all mandatory meetings.
17. Work closely with Counseling Center Director and Administrative Assistant.
18. Perform other duties as assigned by Counseling Center Director.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
Master’s degree with two years of experience in the mental health field.
Licensed LPC or LMSW in Kansas City, Missouri
Valid driver’s license and the ability to work between two office locations.
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary
customer service skills.
Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given,
prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and
Self-motivated, highly organized, and detailed oriented with strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-
Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions
Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
Must be able to talk, listen, and speak clearly on the telephone.