FT and PT positions
Reports to Team Lead or Assistant Manager
The store associate position is responsible for maintaining guest service, generating sales, housekeeping, merchandising, signing, pricing, cash register operations (POS), and loss prevention in adherence to all company policy/store standards.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure that each shopper and volunteer receives outstanding service by providing a guest-friendly environment, including greeting and acknowledging every guest, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of guest service.
2. Help maintain the overall cashier work area cleanliness, checking register tape, hanger racks, etc.
3. Ensure a clean and clutter-free first impression for guests and volunteers. Be sure areas/isles/community room is free of clutter. Clean counters, shelves, floors, and windows.
4. Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise; clothing put backs and train/delegate to volunteers if possible and check for unpriced items.
5. Accurately and efficiently help complete all sales transactions and maintain proper cash handling accountabilities at POS registers and secure cash drawers properly at the closing.
6. Help identify that all entrances are locked/secured and lighting is shut off.
7. May be required to check phone mail messages and communicate guest requests to management.
8. Help assist new volunteer computer sign in and name badging
9. Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and practices, including signing, pricing, and loss prevention
1. Customer/Client Focus.
2. Communication Proficiency
3. Organizational Skills
4. Ethical Conduct
This position has no supervisory responsibilities except to assist and direct volunteers.
This job operates on the sales floor, backroom processing areas, and in/around the POS register area. Some of the job utilizes the office space with access to computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
PT- 9am -6pm 3 days per week, Mon-Sat. Occasional late evening or early mornings may require helping with events.
FT- 9am -6pm 5 days per week, Mon-Sat. Occasional late evening or early mornings may be required to help with events.
No travel is expected for this position.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or GED
2.1-3 years of retail or re-sale experience &/or volunteer mgmt experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
PT employees qualify for PTO
FT employees qualify for PTO; Vacations, holidays and health care benefits. .
Hillcrest is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Hillcrest prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Hillcrest conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
|Job Category||Store Associate|