Platte City Case Manager (Part-Time)
Platte City, Platte County
Posted 2 months ago
Helping Homeless Families – Find Their Way Home
Hillcrest Platte County
Job title: Case Manager
Work Location: Platte County
Reports to: Director of Housing
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage family selection by calling every applicant, reviewing written application forms, coordinating and conducting prospective participant interviews
- Coordinate participant move-in dates and conducts informal orientation to residential facilities upon family’s arrival on property. Acts as primary contact with apartment sponsors and encourages sponsor’s active involvement with participants.
- Act as central resource person for all participant inquiries. Ensures individual basic needs are met (health care, clothing, school supplies, etc.) by providing appropriate referrals or distributing donated products.
- Encourages and supports each family’s success in the program by meeting a minimum of once per week to address presenting problems, program compliance issues, budget, or needed referrals. Celebrates and rewards success.
- Oversees weekly budgeting process to ensure participants will earn and save sufficient resources to provide for future housing needs and begin independent living.
- Monitors participant’s compliance with program guidelines for attending case management meetings, budget counseling sessions, attending life skills class and maintaining full time employment. Prepares contract reassessment, contract addendum or termination letter as necessary.
- Facilitates referrals to programs that benefit families in transition to self-sufficiency, e.g. tutoring, educational programs, parenting resources, etc.
- Maintains accurate weekly case notes and keeps a record of participant’s activities.
- Collects, records and processes participant deposits and occupancy fees.
- Prepares participant for graduation.
- Develops partnerships with organizations for referrals to HPC housing program.
- Assists with special projects such as Back- to- School program and Christmas adoption.
- Assists with special events and fundraisers.
- Mandatory Tuesday evening for monthly graduation and weekly Lifeskills class.
- Assist with weekly Lifeskills meal preparation.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Computer proficiency MS Office – Word, Excel and Google Suite
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Training in “Strengths-Based” case managem
- Problem solving abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
Pay is commensurate with experience.
|Job Category||Case Manager|