Director of Operations
Hillcrest Platte County is a transitional housing program for homeless families, individuals and young adults. We are seeking a Maintenance Supervisor that will oversee and coordinate the maintenance requests, preventive maintenance and supply procurement for 44 apartments, 3 thrift stores and 1 administration office. This includes the oversight and inspection of work performed by the Maintenance Technician. As the Maintenance Supervisor you will be responsible for maintaining the overall operation of the maintenance department and the appearance and working order of HPC properties.
- Resolve/oversee completion of work orders listed on maintenance app in a timely manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Troubleshooting and performing routine electrical, plumbing and HVAC repairs.
- Fall and spring furnace/AC inspections
- Participates in an ongoing property improvement plan and preventive maintenance program
- General building maintenance including appliance repair, carpentry, painting and make readies
- Maintain inventory of supplies needed to perform maintenance tasks and scheduling contractors/other related tasks as needed
- Provide on-call support for emergency maintenance needs
- Maintain shop, inventory and storage in a clean, orderly and secure manner
- Performs regular maintenance on company provided maintenance van.
- Seek opportunities to enhance communications and to build collaborative relationships with fellow employees, maintenance technicians and vendors.
- Assist with hiring, training and daily supervision of maintenance team including prioritizing tasks
- Assist with developing the budget for regular repair, maintenance and capital expense
- Completing all required company assigned training courses. Adheres to OSHA safety standards that are applicable for safe job performance
- Comply with the organization’s personnel, safety and corporate policies and procedures
- Maintain the confidentiality of program participants information
- Must have own reliable transportation and live within a 20 mile radius
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Proficiency in use of computers and mobile devices
- Must be prompt, on time to work and have good regular attendance
- Communication proficiency
- Organizational skills
- Project management
The Maintenance Supervisor provides oversight for and coordinates the work of the Maintenance Technician
60% of work performed indoors to 40% of work performed outdoors. All properties are in Platte County within a 16 mile radius. Maintenance garage provides space to store tools, materials and workspace.
Must be able to perform the following duties 66%-100% of the time: be on feet, bend/stoop/squat/kneel, climb stairs, push/pull reach above shoulder, climb ladders, grasp/grip/turn, finger dexterity, lift/carry up to 50 lbs, be able to read and understand maintenance forms and warning labels
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local throughout the business day.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in public/business administration, health, social work or related field
- Three years of project management experience, including at least one year of supervisory experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- HVAC Certification (Preferred)
- Basic knowledge of electrical, plumbing, interior and exterior repairs
- 2-3 years of apartment maintenance experience is preferred. Compensation based on experience
- 1 year of maintenance supervisor experience required
- To be hired, a candidate will be required to successfully complete a background investigation
- High school education or equivalent
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must possess a valid state driver’s license
Hillcrest Platte County provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job description has been approved by all levels of management:
Employee signature below constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27.00 – $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 2 years
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Outdoor work
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Platte Woods, MO 64151: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Maintenance: 2 years (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- HVAC Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: In person